爱上海KJ

Architect’s advice on renovation leads to ultra-modern beach abode

first_img39 Dutton Street Coolangatta The couple said they took the advice of an architect to build something that would last and knocked the house down.“In the end it was too big of a deal to renovate and we calculated it would be more affordable to rebuild,” Mr Grace said. Armed with a specific set of plans and with the help of architect Pat Twohill this Coolangatta home was transformed into an ultra-modern beach house. 39 Dutton Street CoolangattaA STONES throw from the beach, is this ultra-modern house that captures ocean views in its three level design.But, according to the owners, it wasn’t part of the plan.This three-bedroom home was six years in the making for homeowners Brian and Penny Grace who always had plans to renovate. “My wife Penny and I originally bought the place to renovate, but after six years of living in the house and really getting to know the place, we realised it was going to be a very big job,” Mr Grace said. 39 Dutton Street Coolangatta“The architect’s drafts were exactly what we wanted and more, and we didn’t do much drafting or changing at all.”The open plan living and dining areas feature an extensive use of glass and stacker doors open the area up to create seamless indoor outdoor living.The Alfresco area has a large balcony and an outdoor kitchen including a sound system and roll-down blinds. 39 Dutton Street CoolangattaThe staircase is complemented with Brushbox timber and leads up to the living area with a study nook. Mr Grace said the kitchen and living room is the most used space in the house.“You can sit there, have dinner and watch the ocean,” he said.“The home is only 400m from the beach so if we aren’t at home we are walking to the beach to fish or swim.” Other highlights of the property are remote entry gates and tinted windows to the Northern side of the home. A garden shed and small vegie garden are included. 39 Dutton St, Coolangatta 3 3 4Price: $1.475 millionFeatures: Outdoor sound system, bath tub and water tankArea: 253sq mAgent: Gavin Keith RBR Property Consultants, CoolangattaInspections: By appointment 39 Dutton Street CoolangattaMr Grace said his only requests for the new house was that it had to be north facing with an open outlook to the ocean and have space for at least four cars in the garage. “I can fit my caravan in the garage as well as all the bikes and our cars, the architect really got the element of space right,” The father-of-three said.More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North9 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa1 day ago“There is also a lot of glass throughout the house which captures the ocean perfectly.last_img read more

Napoli frustrated by Sporting friendly duel cancellation

first_imgNapoli’s pre-season friendly with Sporting CP was cancelled due to three COVID cases in the Portuguese side after they’d already flown to Lisbon. The game was meant to be played on Sunday evening but was scrapped with just hours to spare. According to Tuttosport, the news of the cancellation and the three positive cases within the Sporting squad didn’t reach the Napoli team until they’d already landed at the airport in Lisbon. read also:Koulibaly to remain at Napoli if asking price not met – GattusoAdvertisement Coach Gennaro Gattuso was said to be very irritated at the wasted journey and missing the chance for what would’ve been the biggest pre-season test. The Partenopei have so far faced Castel di Sangro, L’Aquila, Serie C side Teramo and Serie B team Pescara. Napoli’s Serie A season begins against Parma on Sunday. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content7 Enigmatic Discoveries That Left Everyone BaffledWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?A Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs6 Extreme Facts About Hurricanes9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better9 Actors Who Stay Famous For That One Movie They Did 10 Years AgoBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeThe Absolute 10 Greatest Shows In HBO History7 Mysterious Discoveries From All Around The WorldCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayWhy Go Veg? 7 Reasons To Do Thiscenter_img Loading… last_img read more

Local boxing referee/judges receive certificates

first_imgFIVE local referee/judges, who participated in the historic two-day seminar recently for Caribbean officials, were presented with certificates on Friday. The certificates were presented by Americas Boxing Confederation (AMBC) vice-president Steve Ninvalle who organised the seminar.Over 150 officials from the English-speaking Caribbean, Curacao, Haiti and Suriname participated.Guyana was represented by AIBA One-Stars Lawrence Assanah and Richard Braithwaite and Elton Chase, Guyana’s first and only AIBA-certified International Technician Officer (ITO). Jermaine Craig, Shenice Agard and Colin Rodney made up the rest of the local team.last_img

‘You deserve accolades’ – Hearts of Oak receive praise after brilliant transfer announcements

first_imgHearts of Oak are taking Ghana’s Twitter by storm.Elaborate transfer announcements might be commonplace, particularly in Europe – think Alexis Sanchez playing the piano for his move to United, which has become the ultimate meme on social media – but in Ghana, this is relatively new.Most of the clubs in the country, the ones that are on social media anyway, restrict themselves to simple photos of the players with a one-sentence welcome message.If they are lucky maybe they’ll get a mobile phone video with the standard two-finger salute and an awkward smile.A few have tried to buck the trend including Ashgold and NC Special Competition champions, Asante Kotoko, to varying results.Rivals Kotoko, in particular, have offered some egregious updates, sparking the anger of their fans and the amusement of opposition supporters.Kotoko, usually very creative with their designs and announcements on social media, have earned the ire of fans, particularly on Twitter with recent attempts to communicate their activities to their 124,000 followers on the site.In the last month, the club sent out a number of, according to many of their fans, half-hearted tweets announcing club signings, exits and other announcements.The tweet involved the confirmation of the departure of Adingrah Moussa is one such post. Now Phobia is doing something! Up up, now learn the social media terms and we good to go— Genevieve Naa Amerley Quaye (@NaaBardina) July 26, 2019 Chaley ,,I can’t stop watching diz video ..Heerrr..Phobia…..— KAY (@KAY68841040) August 5, 2019Even with announcements of new deals for current players, the club are not showing any signs of slowing down.Attacking midfielder Manaf Umar has signed an improved contract at the club as he looks to take his career to new heights in the famous rainbow colours. #AHOSC❤️💛💙 pic.twitter.com/uGQCEaHTgo— Phobians (@HeartsOfOakGH) July 25, 2019 However, Kotoko’s recent failings on social media have been put into starker contrast by rivals, Hearts of Oak’s upturn in online form.The Rainbow club has outstripped the other teams in terms of their engagement with fans. Their announcement of new signing Dominic Eshun got fans buzzing as it was accompanied by a well-shot, very well edited and emotional video. Hearts of Oak taking this player unveiling to a different level.Bernard Arthur is in pic.twitter.com/SpO9x6RzaS— Saddick Adams (@SaddickAdams) August 5, 2019 great photographs, great graphics, great everything ❤️— WanReal (@YawBlavk) July 26, 2019center_img Midfielder Mitchelle Sarpong has committed himself to an improved deal at the club and insists that he has more to offer going into the new season.❤️💛💙 pic.twitter.com/lDoNDySsdx— Phobians (@HeartsOfOakGH) July 26, 2019 New striker, Bernard Arthur, might not be the biggest name to be making a move in the window but you wouldn’t know it with Heart’s announcement and the excitement it has generated all over social media. Proper unveiling. Accra hearts of oak 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 https://t.co/tfjKmmtqnb— quarshiega (@nuworkP) August 5, 2019 This ma club hearts of oak ,big ups to the management— Edem Zigah (@ZigahEdem) July 26, 2019 Good news and nice pictures, pls add video clips. But great work done— Agbanyo Godwin Kofi (@godkofi81) July 26, 2019Fans of the club will hope that this newfound success on social media will translate into equally impressive results on the pitch.last_img read more

U.S., Iraq to investigate security details

first_imgWASHINGTON – Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Friday she had ordered a “full and complete review” of security practices for U.S. diplomats in Iraq following a deadly weekend incident involving private guards protecting an embassy convoy. Rice’s announcement came as the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad resumed limited diplomatic convoys under the protection of Blackwater USA outside the heavily fortified Green Zone after a two-day suspension because of the weekend incident in that city. Rice said she had directed the State Department to examine “how we are providing security to our diplomats.” The review will include all aspects of protection, including the rules of engagement for security guards and under what jurisidiction they should be covered, department spokesman Sean McCormack said. While returning from the Middle East to Washington, Rice ordered the review Thursday in a phone call to the veteran diplomat who will lead it, Patrick Kennedy, a senior management official, according to McCormack. He said the review would be conducted as quickly as possible and might bring in outside experts. U.S. diplomatic travel had been halted following Sunday’s incident in which guards employed by Blackwater, a private security firm, opened fire in response to an alleged attack on a convoy. At least 11 people, including Iraqi civilians, were killed in the firefight. Iraqi officials have called the incident a “crime” and initially called for Blackwater to be expelled from the country. Rice and other U.S. officials have urged the Iraqis to wait until investigations are complete before taking any permanent steps. “We take very seriously what happened,” Rice said, noting she had called Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki on Monday to express regret at the loss of innocent life. Rice declined to comment on Friday’s resumption of Blackwater-protected convoys but paid tribute to the guards from the firm, one of three that provides security for U.S. diplomats and other civilian officials in Iraq. “We have needed and received the protection of Blackwater for a number of years now, and they have lost their own people in protecting our people in extremely dangerous circumstances,” she said. The United States and Iraq have agreed to form a joint commission to look into Sunday’s incident and make recommendations to clarify confusing rules and regulations that govern the conduct of private security contractors in Iraq. A senior official on al-Maliki’s staff said the Iraqi government realizes that it may not be able to push through a ban on Blackwater USA because the Americans rely so heavily on security firms. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the issue is politically charged. Iraqi and U.S. witnesses have offered widely divergent accounts of what happened: Iraqis say the Blackwater guards opened fire without provocation and the Americans say the security detail was responding to an attack. Blackwater has not made any comment about the incident since releasing a statement Monday that said its employees acted properly in responding to an attack. McCormack said the Blackwater guards who fired weapons in Sunday’s incident – about a third of the 15- to 20-strong team protecting the convoy – are “standing down” from their jobs at least temporarily. He did not say whether they would return to duty. The al-Maliki aide said some of the Blackwater guards believed to have been involved in the shooting were Iraqis and could face prosecution in Iraqi courts. Blackwater had conducted about 1,800 security details for diplomats outside the Green Zone since January and that there had been very few incidents in which weapons were discharged, he said. The joint U.S-Iraqi commission is charged with going over separate U.S. and Iraqi investigations of Sunday’s incident, establishing a common set of facts and then suggesting how to proceed. It is expected to convene soon for the first time, according to State Department officials who say it will likely propose changes to the existing rules that date from the U.S.-led occupation government and give private contractors immunity from Iraqi laws. Security contractors are also not subject to U.S. military law under which U.S. soldiers face prosecution for killing or abusing Iraqis. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! CONTRACTORS: A joint review of a deadly shooting will be conducted, officials say. By Matthew Lee THE ASSOCIATED PRESS last_img read more