Today marks the start of National Preparedness Month, and a weekly webinar series from the Small Business Administration (SBA) is meant to help businesses prepare for any kind of disaster.The free webinars begin Sept. 9, and will take place every Wednesday throughout the month.The webinar series is presented in collaboration with CUNA Strategic Services partner Agility Recovery and the Federal Emergency Management Agency, which has a number of resources available on its Ready.gov site.Each webinar will start at 2 p.m. (ET) and run for 30 minutes. The titles are:Sept. 9: “The Keystone to Disaster Recovery: Communications;”Sept. 16: “Recover from the Most Likely Disaster: Power Outage;”Sept. 23: “Protect Your Most Valuable Asset: Prepare Your Employees;” andSept. 30: “If You Do Nothing Else this Year…” Simple tips to build your organization’s resilience. continue reading » 16SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
The Indonesian Military (TNI) has distributed 151,000 pieces of personal protective equipment to 34 provinces across Indonesia to help medical personnel in combating the spread of COVID-19.With the distribution, 19,000 items remain in stock as of Friday from the initial 170,000, said a commissioned officer of the military’s internal operations, Col. Inf. Aditya Nindra Pasha.He went on to say that most of the equipment, as many as 40,000 items, had been delivered to Jakarta, considering that the city was the epicenter of COVID-19 infections in the country. Another 20,000 items have been sent to the second hardest-hit province, West Java. “All equipment was distributed between March 23 and 26, from a national warehouse in Halim Perdanakusuma Air Force Base [in East Jakarta],” said Aditya in a press conference on Friday.He also said that the 151,000 items also included 20,000 pieces of protective gear to be allocated to 10 provinces but had yet to be distributed. The provinces include Riau, Jambi, Bengkulu, Gorontalo and Central Sulawesi. Read also: COVID-19: Protective gear delivered to medical workers to alleviate scarcityWith the decrease in supply, the military will focus on distributing the remaining items to provinces with poor connectivity, as well as regions bordering neighboring countries, said Aditya. “The amount of distributed equipment to each province was based on their request, so we hope that regional administrations can determine which regions in their provinces need the equipment the most,” he added.Since mid-February, Indonesia’s health workers, doctors and nurses have been working overtime to treat COVID-19 cases, despite many of them having inadequate personal protection. Many of the medical workers were found to have worn makeshift personal protection gear, including raincoats, in lieu of hazmat suits. A medical worker at a hospital in Bogor, West Java, who asked to remain anonymous, said about a week ago that the Bogor administration had issued a circular urging medical workers at community health centers (Puskesmas) and hospitals to wear protective gear after the city declared a state of an extraordinary case of COVID-19.“But it’s very hard for us, medical workers, to obtain the equipment and we’ve been wearing raincoats until now,” he told The Jakarta Post on Friday. “We just hope that the equipment will be evenly distributed,” he added. (glh)Topics :
41 Sussex Street, Hyde Park is being sold by auction tonight.Harcourts formula of success is certainly working with the property agency facilitating a total of 14 in-house auctions last year.“We sold 19 properties prior to auction night itself, 51 properties on or before auction night and 75 properties within 45 days of the auction campaign commencing,” Mr Kingsberry said.“Last year we also sold around 88 per cent of all of our listings — at auction and private treaty which is a strong result.”Client service will continue to be an important aspect of Harcourts Kingsberry throughout 2017 with the business moving to a new office on Charters Towers Rd, Hermit Park. 18 Macintosh Street, Hermit Park is being sold by auction tonight.“Around 40 per cent of our properties are sold by auction and I think it’s something we do really well,” Mr Kingsberry said.“The trick is to follow an auction process, to have a strategy.“To do that, you have to work with people — you can’t just open a door and that’s it. More from news01:21Buyer demand explodes in Townsville’s 2019 flood-affected suburbs12 Sep 202001:21‘Giant surge’ in new home sales lifts Townsville property market10 Sep 2020“You have to make sure the property is presented in the best way possible while also running a successful marketing campaign.” 1 & 2/46 Victoria Street, Townsville City will be sold under the hammer tonight.“We wanted to create a building that was a step apart from other agencies in North Queensland, with dedicated auction room facilities in-house and the highest quality amenity,” Mr Kingsberry said.“I believe that the market in Townsville has seen an enormous amount of change during the last five years.“In order to deliver high quality results, it’s imperative that businesses reinvest in both their people and their environment in order to achieve premium results. “It’s our belief that our entire team is at the top of their game, and through engaging with both the industry and the public we intend to continue improving and developing our service delivery in our new environment.” House going under the hammer.FOLLOWING a successful 2016, Harcourts Kingsberry is bracing for an even busier auction year ahead with eight properties to be sold under the hammer tonight.Managing director Benjamin Kingsberry said Harcourts had been off to a good start with the first, monthly auction night facilitating the sale of four properties in January.The second round of homes will go under the hammer tonight and will include a mixture of renovators and contemporary homes.
Both chambers of Congress have received a draft bill from Malacañang on Sunday seeking to allow Duterte to lead COVID-19 responses through certain special powers while the Philippines is under a state of calamity. “Our legislators would note that the powers we have requested today have their own expiry date as they will last only as long as the COVID-19 crisis would last and Congress itself will be able to closely monitor the actions of the Executive through the oversight committee to be created by the proposed law,” he added. Medialdea also said that the Congress must take cue from the martial law declaration in Mindanao by Duterte before where the administration did not do away with democracy in the south, after fighters from the Maute and Abu Sayyaf groups laid siege to Marawi in 2017. The House version of the measure seeks to declare a national emergency arising from the COVID-19 crisis, and authorizes the President to exercise powers necessary to carry out the declared national policy on the issue. “When this administration declared martial law in Mindanao, there were similar speculations that we were about to do away with our democratic institutions but martial law in Mindanao came and went peacefully without the abuse prevalent in martial law,” Medialdea said. The Duterte administration will not abuse the additional powers sought from Congress to curb the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic in the country, says Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea. PCOO “The intent of the proposal was simply to grant to government a standby power–a power which we do not consider necessary to be exercised at all times,” Medialdea said. Among the controversial provisions of the measure is the proposal to allow the Chief Executive to take over businesses, hospitals, and public utilities to maximize necessary resources, but Medialdea clarified this as a “standby power.” MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte will not abuse the additional powers sought from Congress to curb the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic in the country. “We assure Congress and our countrymen that this administration has no intent to abuse the powers we are asking of you today,” said Medialdea. Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea made the assurance on Monday when he addressed the House Committee of the Whole during the deliberation of the lower chamber on House Bill 6616. The Philippines now has total number to 396 confirmed cases, with 33 deaths and 18 recovered patients./PN
St. Louis-1 suffered its first loss on the season as they were defeated by St. Michael’s-1 50-42.Both teams struggled as 56 fouls were called. St. Louis-1 managed to lead 24-21 at half but struggled to get in anything going in the second half.Cardinals Scoring. Cooper Williams 9, Anthony Butz 9, Paul Ritter 6, Zach Prickel 5, Evan Straber 4, Alex Roell 3, Nathan Batta 2, Dave Kuntz 2, Dylan Flannery 2.Courtesy of Cardinals Coach Roger Dietz.St. Louis-2 came up on the short end of a closely contested game as they lost St. Maurice 38-32. St. Louis-2 lead 16-13 at half but just could not make enough shots to win.Cardinals Scoring. Lane Oesterling 8, Gus Cooper 7, Sam Giesting 4, Nathan Eckstein 4, Mitchell Ertel 3, George Ritter 2, Brayden Worthington 2, Salvador Blanco 2.Courtesy of Cardinals Coach Fuzz Springmeyer.
August 17, 2017 Police Blotter081717 Batesville police Blotter081717 Decatur County EMS Report081717 Decatur County Fire Report081717 Decatur County Jail Report081717 Decatur County Law Report3
Indianapolis, In. — Attorney General Curtis Hill joined 43 other attorneys general in a lawsuit against Teva Pharmaceuticals and 19 of the nation’s largest generic drug manufacturers alleging a broad conspiracy to artificially inflate and manipulate prices, reduce competition and unreasonably restrain trade for more than 100 different generic drugs.The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut, also names 15 individual senior executive defendants at the heart of the conspiracy who were responsible for sales, marketing, pricing and operations. The drugs at issue account for billions of dollars of sales in the United States, and the alleged schemes increased prices affecting the health insurance market, taxpayer-funded health care programs such as Medicare and Medicaid, and individuals who must pay artificially-inflated prices for their prescription drugs.“This lawsuit should serve as a warning to any company that intentionally defies the trust of their customers,” Attorney General Hill said. “The rising cost of health care is daunting enough without price fixing of medications. Americans deserve options when they shop for these products. Any pharmaceutical company that engages in price-fixing and artificial cost inflation is part of the problem that ails health care in the United States. Here in Indiana, we will keep working to protect all Hoosier consumers from illegal schemes.”The complaint alleges that Teva, Sandoz, Mylan, Pfizer and 16 other generic drug manufacturers engaged in a broad, coordinated and systematic campaign to conspire with each other to fix prices, allocate markets and rig bids for more than 100 different generic drugs. The drugs span all types, including tablets, capsules, suspensions, creams, gels, ointments and classes, including statins, ace inhibitors, beta blockers, antibiotics, anti-depressants, contraceptives, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and treat a range of diseases and conditions from basic infections to diabetes, cancer, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, HIV, ADHD and more. In some instances, the coordinated price increases were over 1,000 percent.The complaint lays out an interconnected web of industry executives participating in these activities. Competitors met with each other during industry dinners, “girls nights out,” lunches, cocktail parties and golf outings. They communicated via frequent telephone calls, emails and text messages that sowed the seeds for their allegedly illegal agreements. Throughout the complaint, defendants use terms such as “fair share,” “playing nice in the sandbox,” and “responsible competitor” to describe how they unlawfully discouraged competition, raised prices and enforced an ingrained culture of collusion.The lawsuit seeks damages, civil penalties and actions by the court to restore competition to the generic drug market.The complaint is the second to be filed in an ongoing, expanding investigation into the pharmaceutical industry. The first complaint, still pending in U.S. District Court in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, was filed in 2016 and now includes 18 corporate defendants, two individual defendants, and 15 generic drugs. Two former executives from Heritage Pharmaceuticals, Jeffery Glazer and Jason Malek, have entered into settlement agreements and are cooperating with the Attorneys General working group in that case.
Manuel Pellegrini’s side have racked up 41 goals in 10 home games in all competitions during a fearsome run of form on their own patch. The likes of Sergio Aguero, Alvaro Negredo and Jesus Navas ran amok in the 6-0 demolition of Tottenham last weekend and while Laudrup acknowledges the size of the task facing Swansea, he knows they must not shy away from the challenge. Press Association Michael Laudrup has told his Swansea side to show no fear when they face free-scoring Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday. “City are the best home team in the league with 26 goals in six games so we know it will be a tough afternoon, but we can only surprise people there,” the Swansea manager said. “Everybody expects City to win by a few goals because they’ve done that against everybody including Manchester United and Tottenham. “So I think we will go there to do the best we can to get something out of it, and whatever happens we will still present a competitive team. “You can’t play with fear in football. There is a lot of respect, you have respect for everybody, the ones on top and at the bottom, but never fear.” Laudrup has also urged striker Alvaro Vazquez to make the most of his chance to shine with Wilfried Bony and Michu sidelined by injury. Record signing Bony limped out of Thursday’s 1-0 Europa League defeat to Valencia with a hamstring injury which will keep him out for several weeks; the Ivorian will undergo a scan in the coming days to determine the exact extent of the problem. Michu is also unlikely to return from his ankle injury in time for Sunday’s game, although he has taken part in some light training as he targets Wednesday’s meeting with Newcastle. That means Vazquez, who is on a season-long loan from Getafe and has yet to score for the Swans in 10 appearances, will lead the line. The 22-year-old was denied a goal by an incorrect offside decision against Valencia, as well as having another effort cleared off the line. Laudrup said: “It is true we have injuries to our strikers but we will cope with that. “Alvaro came close against Valencia and now this is his chance, his possibility. “Of course every player wants to play, not because a team-mate is injured but that is part of football. When one goes out another has the chance to go in, that’s how it works.” Laudrup also confirmed Wayne Routledge will return from a calf problem against City, while Pablo Hernandez made just his second appearance since September 1 on Thursday. “Well, we still have at least 11 players,” joked Laudrup when asked about his selection options for Sunday. “But, to be serious, we lost two players against Valencia but have another two back. “Pablo played for the first time in some weeks and Wayne will be back as well so we will have an 18-man squad as we did against Fulham, just with other names.”
Press Association “It was hard, it was difficult then,” Redknapp said. “This is a new lot of lads now and they’re good lads. Niko Kranjcar hasn’t been in the side the last few weeks but has trained like a demon, working hard, practising, wanting to get back in the team. “Rio (Ferdinand), when he didn’t play on Saturday, was stood alongside me in the dugout, shouting and as involved as much as I was with the game. He wants us to win. “That’s what you need. You don’t want someone with a face like thunder.” Redknapp added: “Your whole group around you is the most important thing. “If you walk in and see one or two s****, you’re watching them, watching who they talk to and what they are doing. “They suck as much energy out of you as anything. You need a good group of lads who come out and want to train hard.” QPR travel to Liberty Stadium looking to climb out of the bottom three for the first time since September. The fixture marks the beginning of a busy period that sees Rangers play seven games in four and a half weeks. Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal and Southampton’s Ronald Koeman have both questioned the sense in the packed festive calendar but Redknapp disagrees. “It’s hard, on Boxing Day everyone wants to go to the football,” Redknapp said. “They’re the biggest crowds in the country for football, racing, all sports. “People have had enough of sitting indoors on Christmas Day and they want to get out. “You can’t do away with that, it’s part of the tradition in this country. We play on Boxing Day in England.” Redknapp believes his side are turning a corner ahead of Tuesday’s visit to Swansea and he puts the improvement down to a strong team spirit. “We have a good group of lads here,” Redknapp said. “That’s what makes a football team. It’s not the 11 who play. It’s the football club. “If you have half a dozen s**** around you’ve got no chance, you can’t win, they’ll contaminate the rest of them and bring the whole club down. “They’ll be negative everywhere, getting into good lads and bringing them down to their level. “When you’ve a good group of lads it’s the easiest job in the world.” When Redknapp was appointed manager two years ago, he inherited an expensive squad that was lethargic and ill-disciplined. Rangers finished bottom of the table and 15 points adrift of safety at the end of the campaign but the QPR boss insists there is a different ethos at the club now. Harry Redknapp feels QPR are now rid of the kind of troublemakers that can “contaminate” a club and believes his players’ fighting spirit will be the key to Barclays Premier League survival. Rangers have boasted a squad full of stellar names in recent seasons but the team has been regularly criticised for a lack of cohesion and commitment. After a disappointing start to their first campaign back in the top flight, QPR have enjoyed a resurgence of late with wins over Leicester and Aston Villa, as well as a draw against Manchester City.
Associated Press The Latest: Osaka, Djokovic on Day 5 schedule at US Open September 4, 2020 Past champions Naomi Osaka and Novak Djokovic are among those scheduled to play in Arthur Ashe Stadium later Friday.Osaka will face Marta Kostyuk to begin the day session in the tournament’s main arena.The top-seeded Djokovic will bring a 28-match winning streak, including 25-0 this season, into his night match against Jan-Lennard Struff. After rain Thursday night suspended play on the courts without a roof, the weather is much better — sunny with the temperature around 80 degrees Fahrenheit (a little above 25 Celsius).___ More AP tennis: https://apnews.com/apf-Tennis and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditNEW YORK (AP) — The Latest on the U.S. Open tennis tournament (all times local):11:10 a.m.Play is underway in third-round matches on Day 5 at the U.S. Open.