first_imgDonegal Junior LeagueReports SundayBrian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionRathmullan Celtic 7 Gweedore Celtic 0 Rathmullan Celtic made it three wins on the bounce in all competitions with an emphatic seven goal victory over Gweedore Celtic at the Seaside. Dara Patton opened the scoring from the penalty spot after only five minutes. Two minutes later Shea Coyle doubled the lead with a superb volley. Hoops new recruit Shane Barclay put the contest out of the reach of Gweedore after 13 minutes when the young striker took advantage of a long bounce over the Gweedore keeper to calmly finish in the bottom corner. The Hoops rounded off the perfect half with winger Ryan Connolly heading home a Barclay cross from inside the area.The second half saw Patton scored again, this time at the second attempt after his initial strike came back off the crossbar. McFadden rounded off a great personal performance in midfield with a thunderous volley from 25 yards which rattled the back of the net on 68 minutes. Pauric Morrison added a seventh on eighty minutes to complete the scoring. Referee: Martin QuinnLifford Celtic 0 Drumoghill F.C. 8Drumoghill cruised to victory putting eight goals past an understrength Lifford team which was missing no fewer than eight regular first team starters. The first goal arrived on the half hour mark when Richie Moore converted a penalty, Terrence Shields added a second and Moore got Drumoghill’s third on the stroke of half time. The second half had just begun when Moore had the chance to complete his hat-trick but he blazed his spot kick high over the bar. The striker finished the game with four goals as he later registered Drumoghill’s fourth and fifth goals. Shields also went on to complete his hat-trick with two fine goals and player manager Michael Lynch rounded off the scoring close to full time.Milford United 2 Cappry Rovers 2The game ended in a draw following a tough battle at Moyle View Park Milford. Cappry took the lead on ten minutes when Kyle Lafferty tapped home following good work from Benny Bonner on the left wing. Milford equalised on thirty minutes when Brendan Murray drove home after good work by Gary Merritt and Mark Flood. Milford took the lead on the hour mark when Joey Cullen hit the roof of the net from six yards. Cappry had a great chance to level matters when Benny Mc Laughlin was one and one with Enda Mc Hugh in the Milford nets but Mc Hugh made a great save to deny Mc Laughlin. Cappry scored the equaliser when they broke and Aaron Kelly finished past the advancing keeper. Cappry also had a goal disallowed on nine minutes for offside. Good performance by both teamsKildrum Tigers 5 Cranford United 2 Kildrum Tigers strolled to an emphatic victory over Cranford on a fine spring day at Station Road. The Tigers opened the scoring after two minutes when a William Lynch effort, which was well saved, fell to Damian Crossan who made no mistake. Kildrum doubled their lead after eighteen minutes when Reece Laird squared to Declan Curtis who fired home. The tigers went three to the good when another Lynch effort fell to Crossan who exquisitely placed the ball beyond the keeper. Another followed quick after when Lynch made a great run in behind and pulled it back for Laird. Kildrum got their fifth after sixty minutes when Shane Mc Intyre beat two men and set up Laird for an easy finish. Cranford got two consolation goals late on through Doherty and an OG.Donegal Town 0 St. Catherines 2This game featured two teams at opposite ends of the Premier Division. St Catherine’s who currently sit top of the league and haven’t lost a league game all season and Donegal Town who have yet to win their first game this season. St Catherine’s took the lead midway through the first half when a Shane O’Rourke free kick passed through everyone in the box and bounced passed the Donegal goalkeeper. Donegal had some chances to level the game in the first half. A David “Ted” Bustard strike from the edge of the box looked like a certain goal but the Killybegs keeper pulled of a super save. Donegal’s Ciaran O’Reilly’s effort also passed just wide of the post. 1-0 St Catherine’s at the end of the first half. The second half saw a well contested game of football. St Catherine’s doubled their lead when they were awarded a penalty for a hand ball in the Donegal box. Jason Noctor made no mistake from the spot. St Catherine’s saw the rest of the game out comfortably and finished 2-0 winners.Watson Hire Division One Kilmacrennan Celtic 2 Keadue Rovers 1Kilmacrennan Celtic went away from Central Park on Sunday with a vital victory in the promotion battle. The home side went one up after thirteen minutes when, after a succession of corners, the Kilmacrennan keeper fumbled a cross and Ryan Greene was on hand to slot home from close range. The visitors though were generally on top in possession and looked the more likely to score. Kilmacrennan had a good effort from a free kick on thirty five minutes when Kevin Mc Menamin’s effort was well saved by Danny Rodgers. Keadue held firm until half time. Kilmacrennan were much quicker on the re-start and were level within four minutes when Eddie Doherty pounced on a defensive mistake and slotted home low to the net. They went ahead eight minutes later when Ryan Shields headed home at the far post from a well worked corner kick. At this stage Kilmacrennan were looking comfortable but to their credit Keadue kept battling but just couldn’t find the equaliser despite some good play.Best for Kilmacrennan were Declan O’Donnell and Christy Conaghan while best for Keadue were Packie Mc Gonagle and Adam Neely. Referee: James Malseed.Lagan Harps 2 Castlefin Celtic 1Lagan kept themselves in the promotion race when they ground out a win over league leaders Castlefin Celtic. Lagan started brightly with Kevin Kelly going close with a free-kick. Castlefin started to take control and Barry Tourish went close on a couple of occasions. They took the lead on twenty five minutes when Ronan Tourish crossed to the back post where Fergal Mc Nulty scrambled home. Lagan had a great chance to equalise late in the half when Chris Toner beat the offside trap however he shot over as Anthony O’Hagan rushed off his line. The second half followed a different pattern with Lagan dominating possession. Kevin Kelly went close with a free and Glen Gallagher fired just wide as the pressure mounted. Castlefin responded with Barry Tourish firing across the face of the goal. Lagan made the breakthrough on sixty three minutes when Chris Toner was fouled in the area and Kevin Kelly dispatched the penalty. Austin Marron had two great chances to increase Lagan’s lead but missed the target on both occasions. Castlefin almost regained the lead when JP Mailey crossed and Fergal Mc Nulty hit the post. Lagan got the winner on seventy eight minutes when Kenny Doran rose to head home a Kevin Kelly free. All in all a tough battle which Lagan just shaded. For Castlefin Barry Tourish and Fergal Mc Nulty were best, while Lagan’s best were Oisin Grant, Kevin Kelly and Conor Mc Gonigle. Referee: Marty Mc Garrigle.CT Ball Division TwoRaphoe Town 1 Deele Harps 2(No Report Submitted)Bonagee United 1 Eany Celtic 1Lee Mc Monagle gave table toppers Bonagee United a first half lead which they held until the interval. Eany, who have found a bit of form of late, got an equaliser when Paul Mc Groarty converted a free-kick. This match ended deadlocked and with Convoy also drawing it is as you were at the summit. Good point for Eany Celtic on the road.Convoy Arsenal 3 Dunlewey Celtic 3Dunlewey took the lead in the first five minutes when a mix up in the convoy defence saw Mc Geady nip in and put them into an early lead. Five minutes later it was all level when Mark Mailey scored a thunderous volley from 20 yards getting on the end of a Jonny Robb cross giving the keeper no chance. Dunlewey regained the lead after 20 minutes when Shane Mc Laughlin, under no pressure, slipped and Mc Geady stole the ball off him to race clear and make it two one. Ten minutes later it was 3-1 when Mc Geady completed his hat-trick from close range when Convoy failed to clear a corner. Dunlewey were deserving leaders at half time. The second half was a different story where the majority of the game was played in the Dunlewey half! Convoy created chance after chance before Darren Harvey converted from close range after getting on the end if a Dan O’ Brien through ball. With minutes remaining Gavin Sweeney was introduced into the game and with his first touch he pulled the tie level with a great finish after being put through from McLaughlin. Deep into added time he nearly broke Dunlewey hearts but the keeper made a great save to prevent the striker a winner.Both team performances. Referee: Michael MulhernGlenree United 3 Letterbarrow Celtic 1It was the home-side who came out victorious in this battle ensuring they kept up their promotion bid. Colin Gallagher struck first on 15 minutes for a well deserved lead. The visitors had a few half chances to pull a goal back but lacked the finishing touch. Glenree were spending a lot of time in the opposition box but at times were wasteful with some fine opportunities being missed. In the second half Letterbarrow tried to up it a gear but were getting no change out of the home defence. Damien Nelis cooly slotted the ball into the net in the 56th minute to make it 2 -0 after fine play from Oisin Langan to set him up. The away side got back into the game on the 78th minute when a free kick was floated in only to be misjudged by the defence and it trickled into the net. But any hopes of a comeback for the away side were dashed four minutes later when Colin Gallagher assisted the returning Marty Mc Laughlin to get on the score sheet. Best on the day for Glenree were : Oisin Langan and Colin Gallagher. Team effort from Letterbarrow Celtic. Referee: Michael Mc FaddenKnockalla CupGlenea United 2 Glengad F.C. 3ReportsSaturdayGlencar Inn Saturday Division TwoCurragh Athletic Reserves 0 Ramelton Mariners 1Curragh started well in this game and should have taken the lead through Simon Cromie. Mariners scored against the run of play in the 12th minute through Packie Durning. Curragh upped the pace and should have being level at half time but the visiting keeper saved well from Owen Harvey and Simon Cromie. Curragh changed things at half time and were unlucky time after time. Justin Mc Bride had shots brilliantly saved by Kevin Mc Cahill in Mariners’ nets. A brilliant double save in the 85th minute from a Justin Mc Bride shot and a follow up strike from Gary Quinn won this game for mariners .. Team effort from Curragh. Kevin Mc Cahill was best for Mariners.Strand Rovers 1 Mulroy Celtic 2This top of the table clash today in Strand Park, Maghery was a close affair. Mulroy’s best chance in the first half came from a free kick with which Seami Friel clipped the crossbar. Strand went in at half time one up with Brendan Glackin tucking away one of the many chances they had. Strand held onto the lead up until the 75th minute when a free kick from outside the box was tucked away by that man Friel. Strand had a few chances with Darragh Hanlon looking lively up top. The winner came on 89 minutes when Friel nipped in to tuck away another after a mix up at the back.Cranford United Reserves 2 Keadue Rovers Reserves 3Cranford took the lead with Chris Molloy finishing well in the opening 20 minutes. The game overall was a very open affair with both teams attacking and creating chances. Keadue went 2-1 up just before half time. Cranford then made it 2-2 in the first ten minutes of the second half. The game was now in the balance with both teams looking dangerous and it was the away side that capitalised with a winner with 10 minutes to go. Good team performances from both sides.Downtown CupGlenea United Reserves 3 Arranmore United 1In fine conditions for football it was the home side that came out on top to qualify for the quarter finals of the Downtown Cup. Glenea started well and took the lead on five minutes when Shane Ferry got free and slotted home past the keeper. Glenea continued to press but were unable to add the lead and the away side came more into the game. Glenea however extended their lead on forty minutes when Eugene Maguire’s pass found Aodhan Ferry and he found the corner of the net. In the 2nd half Arranmore tried hard to get back into game but it was the home side that extended their lead when Neil Mc Geever was on hand to drill the ball home after the away side failed to clear a corner. Arranmore pulled a goal back on ninety minutes when Christy Mc Glanaghey got onto a through ball and fired home. Best for Glenea were Shane Ferry and Martin Maguire, while it was a team effort from Arranmore. Referee: Michael McFadden.Milford United Reserves 3 Glenree United Reserves 1Milford continued their good home form taking all three points in a Cup game with nothing at stake for either team. The first half was a drab enough affair with neither team playing any great football. Milford took the lead on twenty minutes through Lee Burke, finishing off a good move from ten yards. Glenree equalised when Ross Hamlyn latched onto a through ball to slot home. Milford upped the tempo in the second half and Burke got his second after an excellent ball from Johnny Sweeney. Sweeney then rounded off his man of the match performance with a pile driver from twenty five yards to secure the three points.Drumoghill F.C. Reserves 1 Castlefin Celtic Reserves 2It wasn’t until the 30th minute that this hard fought game saw it’s first goal. Both teams where in fine form and Drumoghill took the lead when Kevin Higgins played an inch perfect pass to Ethan Mc Creedy and the young striker turned the defence and struck a 25 yard screamer into the top corner. The lead was short lived however as Castlefin got back on level term just before half-time when Brian Dooher slotted home from close range . The second half was again a tightly fought with both keepers on top form. In the 85 minute the game was settled as a contest when Matthew O’ Rourke fired home after beating the off-side trap. Referee: Seamus Mc Groary.Tullyvinney Rovers 1 Orchard F.C. 3A severely weakened Tullyvinney team, making a total of 9 changes from their previous encounter to Stand Rovers, battled hard but ultimately succumbed to a 3-1 loss to Division One side Orchard FC in Crossroads Park on Saturday afternoon. The visitors got off to a dream start as after just five minutes John Boyle found himself with just keeper Eamon Connaghan to beat after a bit of hesitation in the backline and he made no mistake from 10 yards. Tullyvinney battled hard for an equaliser. A few chances fell their way, the best of which to Mervyn White on 15 minutes but the midfielder saw his effort go agonisingly over the bar from 12 yards. Ten minutes later though, after a Redmond Doherty long range free kick was spilled by the Orchard keeper, White stepped up and smashed home an equaliser from 10 yards. Rovers could have had a second five minutes later after good work from Paul Carlin down the right hand side saw the winger turn inside his man inside the box but fail to get his shot away. Orchard started the second half as they started the first coming out an attacking the hosts and were rewarded on fifty minutes with their second goal of the game through Chrissy McLaughlin who rose highest at the back post to send his header into the roof of the Tullyvinney net from a Joe Mc Carron free kick wide on the right. Despite the best efforts of a weakened Tullyvinney side they were undone again five minutes from the end of the match when Orchard put the icing on the cake through Barney Mc Menamin. James Sweeney and Gavin Mc Brearty stood out for Tullyvinney while it was a good team performance from Orchard. Referee: Martin Mc Anneny.Drumbar F.C. 1 Donegal Town Reserves 1Great conditions in Drumbar for this local derby match in the Downtown Cup . Donegal Town dominated the first half creating most of the chances. Drumbar found it hard to get going but their defence were holding out well until Adam Enright crossed a great ball into the box for David Ted Bustard to get his head to, looping it over the Drumbar keeper, off the post and in. The second half was a different story with Drumbar coming out with a different attitude and creating many more chances. Ray Balogun got on the end of one of these chances and finished neatly past the Donegal keeper. Soon afterwards Balogun fired a shot just over the crossbar missing the chance to go ahead. Donegal had one great chance to take the lead again only for a top save from Kevin Mc Gurk for the home team. Nearing the end of the match Drumbar had two chances to finish it off but couldn’t capitalise! All round it was a fair result for both teams based on both halves. Best for Donegal Town was Pauric Sweeney.Daniel Bennett and Ray Balogun stood out for the home team with big performances on the day.St. Catherines Reserves 2 Erne Wanderers 6Erne opened the scoring in the second minute, Alan Russell had a spot kick saved by Shane O’Gara but found the net from the rebound. On ten minutes Michael Ward found the net from close range after a defensive mix up. Erne went further in front in the 20 minute when Ward got his second of the game. Erne got their fourth of the game on 47minutes when Barry Mulligan scored from the penalty spot. Gene Lett got St Catherine’s first goal after a goalmouth scramble. Mulligan got his second of the game and Ryan O’Brien added a sixth for Erne. Donal McGuire got a second goal for the Saints on 89minutes after good work down the left by Caolan Beirne. Best for Erne was Michael Ward and Declan Mc Loughlin was best for St Catherine’s.ResultsSaturdayGlencar Inn Saturday Division TwoCurragh Athletic Reserves 0 v 1 Ramelton MarinersStrand Rovers 1 v 2 Mulroy CelticCranford United Reserves 2 v 3 Keadue Rovers ReservesDowntown CupGlenea United Reserves 3 v 1 Arranmore UnitedMilford United Reserves 3 v 1 Glenree United ReservesDrumoghill F.C. Reserves 1 v 2 Castlefin Celtic ReservesTullyvinney Rovers 1 v 3 Orchard F.C.Drumbar F.C. 1 v 1 Donegal Town ReservesSt. Catherines Reserves 2 v 4 Erne WanderersSundayBrian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionRathmullan Celtic 7 v 0 Gweedore CelticLifford Celtic 0 v 8 Drumoghill F.C.Milford United 2 v 2 Cappry RoversKildrum Tigers 5 v 2 Cranford UnitedDonegal Town 0 v 2 St. CatherinesWatson Hire Division OneKilmacrennan Celtic 2 v 1 Keadue RoversLagan Harps 2 v 1 Castlefin CelticCT Ball Division TwoRaphoe Town 1 v 2 Deele HarpsBonagee United 1 v 1 Eany CelticConvoy Arsenal 3 v 3 Dunlewey CelticGlenree United 3 v 1 Letterbarrow CelticKnockalla CupGlenea United 2 v 3 Glengad F.C.FixturesSaturday 14-02-2015 K.O. 2p.m. (Unless Stated)Old Orchard Saturday Division OneSt. Catherines Reserves v Arranmore United (K.O. 1p.m.)Orchard F. C. v Fintown Harps AFCGlenea United Reserves v Castlefin Celtic ReservesGlencar Inn Saturday Division TwoDrumoghill F.C. Reserves v Cranford United ReservesCurragh Athletic Reserves v Tullyvinney RoversStrand Rovers v Drumbar F.C.Mulroy Celtic v Keadue Rovers ReservesDowntown CupDonegal Town Reserves v Erne WanderersGlenree United Reserves v Ramelton MarinersGlencar Celtic v Milford UnitedSunday 15-02-2015 K.O. 2 p.m. (Unless Stated)Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionDrumoghill F.C. v Gweedore CelticSt. Catherines v Rathmullan CelticCappry Rovers v Kildrum TigersCranford United v Glenea UnitedWatson Hire Division OneGweedore United v Kilmacrennan CelticLagan Harps v Kerrykeel ’71 F.C.Keadue Rovers v Castlefin CelticCT Ball Division TwoRaphoe Town v Bonagee UnitedConvoy Arsenal v Deele HarpsLetterbarrow Celtic v Eany CelticKnockalla Cup K.O. 1.30 p.m.Milford United v Lifford CelticDONEGAL LEAGUE: ALL THE REPORTS, RESULTS AND FIXTURES was last modified: February 8th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Donegal Leaguelast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *