夜上海论坛MO

Trophy home sale price revealed: $7m for Clayfield masterpiece

first_imgThe house retains original period features such as leadlight windows and pressed metal ceilings.TOP 10 BRISBANE RESIDENTIAL SALES OF 20181. 110 Virginia Ave, Hawthorne $11.128m2. 27 Sutherland Ave, Ascot $11m3. 33 Moray St, New Farm $11.3m4. 33 Maxwell St, New Farm $8.5m5. 150 Adelaide Street East, Clayfield $7m 6. 30 Windermere Rd, Hamilton $5.95m7. 17 Ningana St, Fig Tree Pocket $5.1m8. Welwyn Cres, Coorparoo $5.025m9. 127 Laurel Ave, Chelmer $5m10. 32 Teneriffe Dr, Teneriffe $4.405m(Source: CoreLogic) One of the six bedrooms in the home at 150 Adelaide Street East, Clayfield.Ray White New Farm agents Christine Rudolph and Matt Lancashire negotiated the sale of the property, which eclipses the previous record for Clayfield of $6.75 million, achieved in 2017 for a property at 108 Oriel Road.It is also the fifth highest residential sale in Brisbane this year according to CoreLogic records, with the biggest sale belonging to a property at 110 Virginia Ave, Hawthorne. The home at 150 Adelaide Street East is on a huge 3300 sqm of land.Daughter Zilla Lyons told The Courier-Mail her parents bought the house in the late 1950s, attracted by its size.“They also needed space for their growing family (the first seven of their eight children were born in nine years) and accommodating all those children necessitated some practical modifications to the original layout,’’ she said. The entry to the home at 150 Adelaide Street East, Clayfield.Other features include ornate plaster and pressed metal ceilings, timber walls and leadlight windows.There are two championship sized tennis courts and a swimming pool. This home at 150 Adelaide Street East, Clayfield, has sold for $7m.A LANDMARK federation home has smashed the price record for one of Brisbane’s most exclusive suburbs and notched up one of the biggest residential sales of 2018.The magnificent property had been the home of the late Sir Edward and Lady Dorothy Williams and their eight children who grew up playing within its massive 3317 sqm grounds.center_img Clonlara at 150 Adelaide Street East, Clayfield, has sold for $7m.But now the century-old home, named Clonlara, will begin a new chapter, after selling for the first time in six decades for the princely sum of $7 million.The Queenslander was home to the late Sir Edward and Lady Dorothy Williams for 60 years. The property comes with two championship-sized tennis courts.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus16 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market16 hours agoSir Edward Williams was a respected Queensland legal identity, a former Queenslander of the Year, Australian of the Year, Father of the Year, Chairman of the Commonwealth Games in 1982 and Commissioner General of Expo 88.Many of the six-bedroom home’s original period features have been preserved including the grand entry foyer which leads to formal dining and lounge rooms. The formal dining room inside the house at 150 Adelaide Street East.This included turning what was originally a billiard room into a “glamorous girls’ dormitory’’ and enclosing a back veranda to provide a large sunroom during winter.She said a little house near the tennis courts was built as a wonderful Christmas present for the girls, which they treated like a large dolls’ house. last_img read more

Six former Berbice cricketers honoured at BCB 80th anniversary celebration

first_imgSIX outstanding former players have been recognised for their performances on the cricket field and for being ambassadors of the game in the Ancient County, as part of the Berbice Cricket Board (BCB) 80th anniversary celebration last Friday.The players honoured were Sudesh Dhaniram, Kevin Darlington, Orvin Mangru, Andre Percival, Deonarine Persaud and Zaheer Moakan.BCB president Hilbert Foster, in a review of the programme, stated that the current batch of Berbice players need to know of the achievements of yesteryear players who had dedicated themselves to the game despite the low financial returns.While the current players enjoy huge financial incentives, the majority of past cricketers were involved in cricket due to their love of the game.Orvin Mangru (right) receives his award from BCB Secretary Robbie SaywackFoster promised that the BCB would continue to honour players, umpires, officials as long as he remains the president. The six players were selected by the pro-active BCB-based on their performances on the field, role model status, personal discipline and contributions to Berbice cricket.Sudesh Dhaniram represented Albion Community Centre, Port Mourant cricket club, Berbice, Guyana and West Indies ‘B’. He became a household name across the Caribbean when he scored two majestic centuries on debut against Barbados and Leeward Islands.Foster stated that Dhaniram, if he was playing today would have walked into the West Indies team. Kevin Darlington for many years during the 1990s was a permanent member of the fast-bowling attack and represented Bermine and Berbice and Guyana..Albert Smith presents gift to Zaheer Moakan.Orvin Mangru, a product of the Albion Community Centre cricket club represented Berbice and Guyana at the Under-19 level and holds the national record for the most wickets in an innings – 9 for 116 – versus Barbados in 1999. Andre Percival would forever be remembered for leading Guyana to three consecutive Under-19 Championships and his leadership of the dominant Port Mourant Cricket Club in 1990s.Percival was also a member of the Guyana team which won the first-ever Stanford 20/20 titles and also played for the West Indies Under-19 and B teams.Deonarine Persaud for a number of years captained Port Mourant Cricket Club to numerous titles including the National Bristol Cup.Persaud also represented Berbice, Guyana and the West Indies at the Under-19 levels. Zaheer Moakan was widely respected and known for his duties as an umpire, but was a productive cricketer at the First and Second Division. A solid left-handed batsman, he represented Police Sports Club and Young Warriors Cricket Club before turning to umpiring.Moakan, speaking on behalf of his fellow awardees, expressed gratitude to the BCB for making them feel special on the 80th anniversary of Berbice cricket. He hailed the work of the current executive and urged all Berbicians to work together for the development of the game. Each of the retired players received framed certificates, trophy, medal and a gift.The 2019 Tribute to Retired Programmes was sponsored by the Rose Hall Town Youth & Sports Club, MS and Republic Bank.last_img read more

Southerland’s hot shooting continues, ties Big East tournament record with 16 3-pointers

first_img Facebook Twitter Google+ NEW YORK — Georgetown made James Southerland work, but he tied the record anyway.Southerland hit four 3-pointers in Friday’s 58-55 win over the Hoyas at Madison Square Garden, tying the Big East tournament for most 3s made in a single tournament. His total through three games sits at 16, equaling the mark set by current Syracuse assistant coach Gerry McNamara in 2006 and former Connecticut guard Albert Mouring in 2000.What they did in four games, Southerland accomplished in three.“I just apologize to G‑Mac,” Southerland said with a wry smile in the postgame press conference. “Sorry, man.  I didn’t mean to do that.”Southerland was hot from the moment Syracuse set foot in the World’s Most Famous arena on Wednesday afternoon. He buried six 3-pointers in a comfortable win over Seton Hall, then followed it up with six more — he did not miss — in a gritty quarterfinal victory against Pittsburgh.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThrough two games, he was shooting an unthinkable 80 percent from beyond the arc.Georgetown, though, would present a different challenge. The Hoyas are one of the best defensive teams in the country, and John Thompson III tried anything and everything to prevent Southerland from getting easy looks.He was guarded by forward Nate Lubick for most of the game, a player whose agility could not match that of Southerland but whose length — Lubick is 6 feet, 8 inches — could pose a problem. And for a while it did, as Southerland missed his first 3-point attempt of the game and forced another that hit only backboard later in the half.But as McNamara rose to the occasion in 2006, Southerland would do so again in 2013. His four made field goals all came from beyond the arc on Friday, though it took him 10 attempts to do so.Still, Thompson III was impressed: “Through three games now, Southerland has given his Gerry McNamara imitation very well.” Comments Published on March 16, 2013 at 1:22 pm Contact Michael: [email protected] | @Michael_Cohen13last_img read more

COURT GIVES GO AHEAD FOR INVESTIGATION INTO SENATOR O DOMHNAILL EXPENSES CLAIMS

first_imgThe Court of Appeal has cleared the way for an investigation by the Standards in Public Office Commission into the alleged duplication of expenses claims by Fianna Fail Senator Brian Ó Domhnaill.Senator O DomhnaillThe three-judge court rejected an appeal by the Senator against the High Court’s dismissal of his challenge to the investigation concerning travel and subsistence claims made by him between 2006 and 2007, when he was a member of Donegal County Council.The Commission was due to begin a public session concerning the expenses matter in June 2012 but that was put on hold after Mr Ó Domhnaill secured leave from the High Court days earlier to bring his challenge. The total paid by the Exchequer to non-party members of the Dáil and Seanad in 2014 was €812,989 – €563,859 to TDs and €249,000 to non-party members of the Seanad.Th Irish Times reports that in his judicial review proceedings, Mr Ó Domhnaill claimed the Commission was not entitled to deal with the matters because, he claimed, they arose from an anonymous complaint by a member of the public.Alternatively, he sought orders requiring the case to be heard by a Commission comprising members who are bilingual and able to conduct and understand the proceedings without the assistance of an interpreter.Unless the tribunal is bilingual, his rights as an Irish speaker will be infringed, he claimed. He would be disadvantaged if an interpreter is necessary to translate the evidence and submissions given on his behalf in Irish as translator evidence is not similar to direct evidence, he argued. In opposing the case, the Commission and State contended the complaint being investigated concerned alleged duplication of expenses claims and the investigation is in the public interest.The Commission said the complaint before it was made in a letter dated May 28th, 2012 sent to it by the Mayor and County Manager of Donegal County Council following their investigation of a referral made to them by the Ethics Registrar of the Council.While the Commission acknowledged that information in an anonymous letter had prompted the Ethics Registrar to examine matters, it argued the complaint being investigated by it was not a referral of that anonymous letter by the Mayor and County Manager but rather a complaint by those men arising from their view certain specified acts set out in their report may have been done by Mr Ó Domhnaill.In denying that the Senator was entitled to orders requiring that members of the Commission hearing the matter should be bilingual, the Commission said it had made every effort to facilitate his wish to conduct his side of the hearing in Irish but there was no constitutional right to a bilingual court or tribunal for citizens who choose to conduct their business in Irish.Mr Ó Domhnaill had from August 2011 until last March, when he changed solicitors, engaged with and addressed matters related to the expenses issue in English, it also claimed. Giving the appeal court’s judgment, delivered in Irish, Mr Justice Peter Charleton, with whom Mr Justice Peter Kelly and Mr Justice Colm MacEochaidh agreed, disagreed the complaint was anonymous and found the substantive complaint before the Commission was one made by the Mayor and County Manager of Donegal Co Council.The court rejected further arguments that the Constitution or the law requires that the Commission members hearing the complaint should be bilingual.Costs issues will be dealt with in October.COURT GIVES GO AHEAD FOR INVESTIGATION INTO SENATOR O DOMHNAILL EXPENSES CLAIMS was last modified: July 24th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more