梧桐客栈南京spa

100k Candidates for WAEC

first_imgAuthorities at the Ministry of Education (MOE) have announced that about 100,074 candidates representing 9th and 12th graders will sit for this year’s West African Examination Council (WAEC) exams scheduled for May 19 to 27, 2016.Felicia Sackie Doe-Sumah, Assistant Minister for Basic and Primary Education, addressing yesterday’s press briefing on Capitol Hill in Monrovia said “This exam is special because we have two classes from two different academic years that will be writing the 2016 WAEC. We have the students from 2014 to 2015 and also the students from 2015 to 2016, and because of that, we will have more centers for the test.”Minister Doe-Sumah said the 9th graders will begin writing the exam on Thursday May 19 and end on May 20, while the 12th graders will begin on Monday, May 23 and end on May 27, 2016.“For the 9th graders, we have 1,198 schools that will be participating in this year’s testing with a total of 53,159 candidates, because of WAEC’s cancellation of the test last year. Of that number, we have 27,921 males and 25,283 females, which also suggest that the girls are making more effort to pursue an education and must be commended. For grade 12, we have about 514 schools that will be participating with the total candidates of 46,915. We also have a total of 21,963 females as well,” said Minister Doe-Sumah.She explained that the supervisors will include teachers and principals assigned to various schools, adding that: “For monitoring, we will have staff from the Ministry of Education and the different secretariats ably assisted by some organizations to ensure a better monitoring system across the country.”“Considering the huge number of candidates, we will have more centers across Liberia for this year’s testing. We are also saying that all schools or campuses that will be used should allow their other students to remain at home. Campuses used for testing must only allow students sitting for the test,” she maintained.Minister Doe-Sumah stressed that schools that will not be used must allow their students to attend regular classes, as the Ministry will not allow closure of institutions that are not participating in the exam. She said despite the continued update by the Ministry, students and school administrators continue to suggest that MOE has called for the closure of all schools during the upcoming testing, describing it as false and misleading. Minister Doe-Sumah urged school administrators to help keep students busy by providing assignments that will be graded. “We also want to warn school administrators that are engaged in collecting graduation fees ahead of the WAEC to desist from such activities now as only WAEC results will lead to such. Please contact MOE on this number if encountering this problem: 0777403676,” she said.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Graham Potter’s appointment is not a gamble, says Brighton’s owner

first_imgShare via Email While the candidacies of Steve Clarke, appointed on Monday to manage Scotland, and Rui Faria were also scrutinised Ashworth, in his time at the Football Association, where he had gained his Uefa Pro Licence, had tracked Potter’s progress and was encouraged by the impact he made in the second tier. “He’s someone who thinks deeply about the game, has great empathy with the players, and gets the best from them,” said the technical director, who only joined from the FA earlier this year. Swansea City Share on Pinterest The Fiver: sign up and get our daily football email. The Fiver: sign up and get our daily football email. Antonio Conte set to replace Luciano Spalletti as Inter manager Brighton & Hove Albion Graham Potter to leave Swansea for Brighton manager’s job Read more Share on Facebook He inherits a squad which still relied heavily on the goals of Glenn Murray, aged 35, last season and whose major signings over the previous 18 months – the likes of Alireza Jahanbakhsh and Jürgen Locadia – had struggled to make an impact under Hughton. The hope is they thrive more consistently in a team that has embraced a more progressive style.“What has gone on before is a lot of really good work but my job is to try and improve on it,” added Potter. “We try and play football in a positive way. Any team has to be defensively organised, but you have to look at the attributes of the players and play to their strengths. I’m not expecting a massive amount [in the summer transfer window]. There are some good players here, and a lot of good work has already been done. My focus has always been on trying to help the players who are already here to improve.”.Ashworth confirmed that any additions to the squad would be signed off by Potter, with the new man to be joined at the club by his assistant Billy Reid, the first-team coach Bjorn Hamberg, and Kyle Macauley. The latter joins as assistant head of recruitment, reporting to the current incumbent, Paul Winstanley. Share on WhatsApp Topicscenter_img Steve Clarke tells disillusioned Scotland players to ‘un-retire themselves’ The Brighton & Hove Albion owner, Tony Bloom, has insisted Graham Potter’s appointment as manager does not constitute a risk as the club seeks to establish itself more securely in the Premier League after this season’s relegation scare. Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Read more Potter, who forged his reputation hoisting Östersund from the Swedish fourth division to the top flight and Europa League, has signed a four-year contract at the Amex Stadium after spending only 12 months in the Championship with Swansea City. He succeeds Chris Hughton, whose team won only two of their last 18 league matches this season. Hughton was dismissed after five years as manager in the immediate aftermath of the final fixture, against Manchester City.That had left Brighton two points clear of relegated Cardiff with sections of the fanbase frustrated at the cautious nature of the football. The sentiments were shared by some in the hierarchy, who duly met the release figure for Potter, believed to be over £2m, in his contract at the Liberty Stadium. “I certainly don’t think it’s a gamble,” said Bloom, a successful high-stakes poker player who made his fortune in online betting and had tracked Potter’s progress over the last four years. “We’d done a lot of work on potential head coaches so as to be ready if and when a vacancy occurred.“Once we’d made a decision to get a new manager in, quite quickly Graham became the outstanding candidate. He’s an excellent coach who did a superb job at Swansea in difficult circumstances. Sometimes not making a decision or going for a more obvious choice is a bigger gamble. I have no doubt that Graham is the right choice for this club at this particular time.” “I improved enormously, on and off the pitch, over that year at Swansea,” said Potter, who was presented on his 44th birthday, flanked by Bloom, the technical director Dan Ashworth and the chief executive Paul Barber. “We faced great challenges in turbulent times, especially around the transfer windows. I had the responsibility at a football club which had lost its way, had lost a bit of belief and identity that it wanted to get back. With that comes challenges, putting together a team that the supporters are proud of … that process was demanding.“Now I’m just fortunate to have this opportunity. You always need a bit of fortune in life. I’ve worked very hard to get to this point. My ‘un-glittering’ football career came to an end at the age of 30 and I had to embark on a coaching career and try to learn how to be better every day. The unconventional path I took to get to this point is 14 years of hard work and sacrifice, learning and mistakes. But I’m very proud to be here now.” Read more Potter, a journeyman player with 11 clubs before moving into coaching, had guided Swansea to a 10th place finish in the Championship despite working under financial constraints. The Welsh club had lost 16 first-team players and signed only five in the wake of relegation from the Premier League, yet the manager was still credited with playing an attractive brand of football in achieving a mid-table finish. Indeed, his side were 2-0 up against Manchester City in the quarter-final of the FA Cup before succumbing in the last 21 minutes. news Share on Messenger Reuse this contentlast_img read more

One teen dead one facing charges after truck crash in southern Manitoba

first_imgA 15-year-old boy is dead and an 18-year-old is facing multiple charges following a car crash in southern Manitoba.Manitou RCMP say both teens were in a pickup truck that flipped over in a field in the municipality of Lorne shortly after 1 a.m. on Saturday.The 15-year-old passenger was declared dead at the scene.The driver, who was wearing a seatbelt, was not injured.Police have charged 18-year-old Kyle Nolan Devos with impaired driving causing death, dangerous driving causing death and several other driving charges.The cause of the crash is under investigation.last_img