爱上海EZ

INDOT job fair tomorrow in Aurora

first_imgPrintAurora, IN—The Indiana Department of Transportation is hosting a statewide hiring fair on Tuesday, September 17, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at a number of locations across the state to recruit candidates for over 100 winter seasonal and full-time positions. Event locations in the Southeast District include Aurora and Bloomington, but opportunities are also available at other INDOT facilities.Seasonal positions run from November through March, with a starting pay of $16 per hour. INDOT is offering a $250 sign-on and $500 retention bonus for eligible candidates.Additional information can be found at www.indotjobs.com. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online prior to Tuesday, but are not required to do so as walk-ins are welcome. Those applying online or attending a hiring event in person should have proof of commercial driver’s license (CDL). A high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate is preferred, but not required.Southeast District hiring fair location is at:Aurora Sub District8074 U.S. 50, Aurora, IN 47001last_img read more

English Premier League players won’t be fit until late June, club manager says

first_imgRelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Sanwo-Olu: We’re committed to fulfilling promises to Lagosians Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce has warned that players would not be ready for competitive action until the end of June as the English Premier League looks to restart its season.The league has been suspended since mid-March as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. But its plans to resume next month received a boost when the UK Government last week said it was “opening the door” for the sport to return.Another meeting is planned for Monday to discuss safety measures needed for “Project Restart” to happen and Bruce said players need at least six weeks to get back in shape.“You have to remember that they have had eight weeks off and that is probably the longest break some of these players have had in their careers,” Bruce said.“If we were doing pre-season, we would have six weeks and probably have six friendly games to get them ready for the first league match.“We need enough preparation time to get these players into shape or they are just going to fall down like a pack of cards. “Most of the managers have the same concerns… I don’t see how we can play games until the back end of June.”Watford manager Nigel Pearson has already warned that players’ lives could be in danger if the Premier League returns too soon.Newcastle United defender Danny Rose also expressed concerns, saying players’ health was more important than restarting the season.“I’ve spoken to him (Rose) and he’s coming back as well,” Bruce said. “I don’t think there is a footballer out there who has done more for the NHS throughout this than Danny.“If a player refuses to come in or play, I have sympathy for that and will understand it. You have to respect everybody’s personal views on it.” Reuters/NAN.Tags: COVID-19Newcastle UnitedProject RestartSteve Brucelast_img read more

Southerland’s hot shooting continues, ties Big East tournament record with 16 3-pointers

first_img Facebook Twitter Google+ NEW YORK — Georgetown made James Southerland work, but he tied the record anyway.Southerland hit four 3-pointers in Friday’s 58-55 win over the Hoyas at Madison Square Garden, tying the Big East tournament for most 3s made in a single tournament. His total through three games sits at 16, equaling the mark set by current Syracuse assistant coach Gerry McNamara in 2006 and former Connecticut guard Albert Mouring in 2000.What they did in four games, Southerland accomplished in three.“I just apologize to G‑Mac,” Southerland said with a wry smile in the postgame press conference. “Sorry, man.  I didn’t mean to do that.”Southerland was hot from the moment Syracuse set foot in the World’s Most Famous arena on Wednesday afternoon. He buried six 3-pointers in a comfortable win over Seton Hall, then followed it up with six more — he did not miss — in a gritty quarterfinal victory against Pittsburgh.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThrough two games, he was shooting an unthinkable 80 percent from beyond the arc.Georgetown, though, would present a different challenge. The Hoyas are one of the best defensive teams in the country, and John Thompson III tried anything and everything to prevent Southerland from getting easy looks.He was guarded by forward Nate Lubick for most of the game, a player whose agility could not match that of Southerland but whose length — Lubick is 6 feet, 8 inches — could pose a problem. And for a while it did, as Southerland missed his first 3-point attempt of the game and forced another that hit only backboard later in the half.But as McNamara rose to the occasion in 2006, Southerland would do so again in 2013. His four made field goals all came from beyond the arc on Friday, though it took him 10 attempts to do so.Still, Thompson III was impressed: “Through three games now, Southerland has given his Gerry McNamara imitation very well.” Comments Published on March 16, 2013 at 1:22 pm Contact Michael: [email protected] | @Michael_Cohen13last_img read more

LETTERKENNY BOMBING: BOMB DISPOSAL TEAM LEAVE SCENE OF BLAST

first_imgSenior Gardai oversee the investigation after a bomb exploded in Letterkenny this morning. Pic copyright Donegal DailyThe Army Bomb Disposal Unit has just left the scene of this morning’s bombing in Letterkenny.The unit took away a number it items of interest including debris from the scene.There is not believed to be any other suspect devices at the scene. A Garda forensics team under the supervision of Inspectors Pat O’Donnell and Goretti Sheridan are now overseeing the fingertip investigation of the scene.Gardai are examining the Mitsubishi Pajero jeep which took the full impact of the blast.No other vehicles or property was damaged in the attack and nobody was hurt.IT is understood the incident took place just before 4am. Gardai are looking to speak to the owner of a silver car which was in the area of Manor Park View at the time. LETTERKENNY BOMBING: BOMB DISPOSAL TEAM LEAVE SCENE OF BLAST was last modified: November 22nd, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:bombletterkennylast_img read more